Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturdays project was getting the '61 volks home. I have a shop that I have been keeping my cars including this ragtop.  It is an early '61 which means it shares many parts from the pre '60 cars including  a hump gas tank, old style brake reservoir, and ice pick door handles, but it has an 1835cc motor and close ratio transmission for drag race, a KCW narrowed adjustable front beam with drop spindles, and it is currently running 14" type II wheels on the front.  I don't care for the one piece windows so I tracked down some new doors to put on the car with OG style windows.  In my searching I also found an original 4 tab hood I plan to put on the car.  Normally I would just drive it but the day I hopped in it to bring it home was -15 outside, I guess the lack of windows made the car want to give up, so the throttle cable snapped. For a normal volks this would be a quick change, in fact everything on a stock VW is much simpler, including loading the thing on the trailer.  After a couple of hours, I had the car on the trailer with some spare doors, my 2110cc motor, and other various parts. I also put a picture at the bottom of my other 3 cars, the yellow '65, black '61, and my viper blue '70 that the 2110 motor goes in (It is mostly under the cover with my jet ski cover on top)

3 comments:

  1. THATS SWEET YOU HAVE A BLOG NOW, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AWSOME. KEEP UPDATING IT WITH LOTS OF PICS AND I WILL TRY TO DO THE SAME. LOOKS GOOD TYLER

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHH JEREMY . . . .This is YOU, NOT TOILET!!!!!!! I talked to Tyler tonight and he said, "No that's not my blog, it's Jeremy's!!!" MY MISTAKE - glad to see your VW's - I miss them hanging around. I'll be back to visit SO post some photos.

    Luv, MomBerta

    ReplyDelete